We had a wonderful Ramadan assembly on Monday. The assembly began with some of our children sharing their Ramadan promises and singing some traditional songs. We were also joined by Solokat Hussain who talked to us about the meaning of Ramadan and the reasons behind fasting.
We found out that …
- Ramadan is one of the Five Pillars of Islam.
- Ramadan is a time for reflection.
- Not everyone has to fast. You do not have to fast if you are a child, ill, travelling or a pregnant woman.
- You are rewarded for fasting.
- If you are fasting, you cannot eat or drink during day light hours. Once the sun has gone down and before it comes up you can eat and drink.
- If you are unable to fast then you can do something else instead such as, give to charity, help others.
- If you miss a day fasting then you make it up at the end.
Thank you to all parents and family members who came to join us for our assembly.