In Y4/5G the children have been looking at the story Something Else, the character Something Else tries to be like others but he is different. No matter how hard he tries he doesn’t belong. The children generated their questions to discuss, here they are,
1. What made the author write a story on this theme?
2. Why did they call him something else?
3. Why judge someone just because they are different?
4. Is it fair that people can be unkind?
5. Is it fair that if you are different you shouldn’t be aloud to join in?
6. Would you ever leave someone out just because they are different?
7. If someone is different to you, can they join in?
As a class the children voted to discuss question 3. We will let you know what the children thought about this issue as we are having our discussion today. Please comment if you feel you have an opinion on this question, or any of the others suggested above. As a class we will look at your comments over the week.