Thank you to all the parents and children for getting involved in our discussion, can you let us know what you think about the enquiry belong. Please use the language ‘I agree with …. ‘ ‘ I disagree with…..’
After another successful questioning session in P4C on the book Belonging, the children have come up with another wonderful question to get you thinking. The book is a series of pictures based on the changes that happen to a girl named Tracy. The book shows a view from her window from the day she was born into adulthood. We looked closely at the changes to the environment and landscape over time.
Here are our questions
1. Should we have parks and wildlife in our community?
2. What does the author mean by belonging?
3. Is the book based on the lifecycle of a human?
4. Should you help support your local area?
5. Why is the book called Belonging ?
6. What does it mean to belong to someone?
7. Would you want the world to change and why?
Our winning question was question 6, the children discussed initial thoughts before our enquiry. These were that we belong to our family as they provide warmth, shelter and food. Others believe that we don’t belong to anyone. What do you think? Please comment on your thoughts on question 6.
Here are our thoughts from today –