The children in Y4/5G have really enjoyed reading the story – Why the animals came to Town. They have been working together in groups of four to create a series of questions to discuss in our P4C lesson. Here are the questions they came up with –
1. If you would like an animal to come to your house what animal would it be and why?
2. Why is the environment important to us and animals?
3. How could you stop the environment being polluted and how would you spread the word?
4. Why do people make a mess of the world?
5. Why did the animals choose the boy in the story?
6. Why do people eat animals?
7. How would you feel if animals polluted the environment?
The question the children have decided to discuss is question 6 – why do we eat animals? This caused lots of discussion during voting I feel that the children will have some excellent thoughts on this question during tomorrow’s lesson.