This week in literacy, Year 4 have been learning about instructional writing. The children were given a set of instructions to make Roman Cookies. This linked with our numeracy learning where we have been learning about different ways of measuring! Using teamwork skills, the children worked together to make the Roman cookies by carefully following the instructions and ensuring their accuracy through weighing and measuring out the ingredients. The cookies were then sold at the Christmas fayre where they all sold out within minutes! Take a look at the fantastic recipe below:
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of grated lemon peel
15g baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 200A*C
2. Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar. Add olive oil, lemon peel and eggs. Mix energetically with a fork for two minutes. The mixture must be homogeneous and liquid.
3. Using a tablespoon, place the mixture into a baking tray. Make sure you leave enough space in between the cookies to let them rise during baking.
4. Put the cookies in the oven for around 15-20 minutes. Remove when the cookies are golden and crispy brown.
5. Remove the cookies from the oven and leave to cool. Enjoy the lemon-cookie scent in your house!