As a healthy school both the physical and mental well being of our pupils and staff is of great importance to us.
Our core objectives for 2017-18 are:
- To encourage all pupils to be active for at least 30 minutes each day.
- To raise participation of sport within school for all pupils.
- To promote sport values through all activities: Conduct, Participation, Passion, Respect, Teamwork, Determination, Self-belief, Honesty.
- To be proactive in encouraging all pupils to be active at school to support in addressing the growing obesity issue. [2017 summary NCMP 44% obese by Y6]
- To encourage emotional well being through targeted activity.
- To promote healthy lifestyle choices within school and the wider community.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Weekly physical education lessons
- Active break times
- After school sports clubs
- Class challenge
- Lunchtime training
- P4C (Philosophy 4 Children)
- PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education)
- Science lessons
- Working with outside agencies such as MIND, Health
- Family fitness sessions
- Family Learning
- Small targeted group work
- Working with parents to support our children