All applications for admission should be made through the Admissions Office, Education Department, Rotherham Metropolitain Borough Council, Riverside House, Main Street, Rotherham, S60 1AE. Tel. No. (01709) 822505. Prospective parents are welcome to visit the school by prior appointment.
Applications will be considered and places approved in the following priority order until the admission limit is reached:
1. Children in attendance at Year 2 in the associated infant school.
2. Children whose older brother or sister will be on roll on the school at the time of admission.
3. Children who have a specific medical reason confirmed by a medical practitioner for which the Authority is satisfied makes attendance at this particular school essential.
4. Children with a compelling social reason for which the Authority is satisfied makes attendance at this particular school essential.
5. Children who live nearest to the school (measured by the shortest safe walking route)
Herringthorpe Junior School has a declared admissions limit capacity of 70 per year group. This has recently been reduced from 80.