Willow Tree Academy
I am thrilled to let you know that it is official – we have formed the Willow Tree Academy! The multi-academy trust will have two members initially, with Greasbrough Primary joining us from the 1st June. This means we are independent of the Local Authority giving us lots more freedoms, these are:-
- Autonomy to make decisions in the best interests of our children and target their resources effectively.
- Ability to make decisions to create a curriculum that meets the needs of the children.
- Ability to decide on contracts/conditions of service for staff that best suit the needs of the children and community.
- Ability to determine job descriptions and levels of pay to attract the best staff
- Ability to decide on pattern of and length of the day for pupils and staff
- Ability to decide on learning and holiday periods for pupils and staff
- Maximum delegation of funding so we have greater control over our budget
- Freedom to shop around for services (for example pupil welfare support, catering, HR, site/facilities management), meaning that quality is much improved.
Please be assured that your children will continue to receive an outstanding education and it is always our aim to ensure that their best interests are at the heart of everything we do. We intend to celebrate the Academy soon – watch this space!
To read the rest of our newsletter please click here Junior Newsletter – 24th April 2015